I don’t eat a lot of meat, so sometimes when I do I like to mix up my meat selection. As I walked through our local little organic mom & pop store, The Flying Moose, I found some great local organic ground lamb. I had never cooked with lamb so I jumped at the opportunity to use it. My first dish I used the lamb with was a success! Take a look through this delicious and it’s alternative additions. Enjoy!
Hearty Lamb &Potato Dish
- organic ground lamb
- red potatoes
- baby tomatoes
- yellow onion
- blue cheese (if you enjoy or are able)
- Let the ground lamb defrost, then cook in a non-stick pan on the stove until browned. I found it best to cook it on medium heat so the meat did not get too tough.
- Once the meat is browned, turn off the stove and take off the heat. Drain meat, if needed.
- Then preheat the oven to 425 F.
- While the oven is preheating wash and cut your potatoes. ( I cut mine into smaller pieces, make to your liking)
- Next dice your onions, zucchini, and half your baby tomatoes. Afterwards, mix your lamb in with the vegetables (Don’t forget the corn if you’re not allergic, it’s delicious!) .
- Once the oven is preheated, put a piece of tinfoil on a metal pan and begin to lay your mix of vegetables and lamb out onto the pan.
- Then put 1 teaspoon of grape seed oil and spread it over the mix. Then add a seasoning of your liking. (I used a local dried creole seasoning.)
- If desired, shred some blue cheese over the mix before putting into the oven. Although I am allergic to dairy, blue cheese does not bother me so I have it occasionally. If you do not enjoy blue cheese, feta, goat or others would be just as delicious.
- After everything is on the pan, put in the oven for 12-15 minutes, or until the potatoes are fully cooked.
- Instead of ground lamb,try shredded or ground chicken
- Sweet bell peppers
- Mild pepper rings