Now-a-days everyone is on the run, taking kids to school, sports, appointments, errands, etc. In the midst of it all your stomach starts the dreaded growling…what do you do? Grab the nearest candy bar or pop machine? No way!
Packing snacks at the beginning of your day helps prepare yourself. It’s not saying just because it’s there you have to eat it. It’s there to give you something other than the harmful chemicals and unnatural ingredients that are pumping through those vending machines & leftovers in the break room.
I encourage you to mix it up everyday as your pack your snacks. There are unlimited ideas! Here are some great ideas to get you started. Beneath will be some great ideas of how to pack and eat your snacks eco friendly on the go!
- Dried cranberries
- Dried or fresh apricots
- Strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, or blueberries
- Baby tomatoes
- Bell peppers
- Snap peas
- Nonfat yogurt
- Cashews (unsalted)
- Peanuts (unsalted)
- Living Intentions nut mixes
- Organic trail mix
- Kind bars (read labels for allergens)
- Cliff bars (read labels for allergens)
- Envirokids bars (read labels for allergens)
- Pure Organic bars (read labels for allergens)
- Lara bars (read labels for allergens)
- Natural tortilla chips
- Natural cheese stick
- Air popped or kettle popcorn
- Naked juice
How To Store & Eat Yours Snacks
Storing your snacks properly will help keep them safe throughout the day, easier to eat, and safe from toxins as well. I have had the privilege of trying these great brands & I promise you’ll love them.
- Pyrex glass Tupperware is great for holding moist snack such as a lot of the fruits. Any glassware is helps eliminate use of plastic!
- Preserve Products have great recycled #5 plastic to go containers of several different sizes.
- To-Go Ware has serveral kinds of containers, metal & silicon which will be perfect for your delicious snacks.
- Also check your local organic co-op. Some sell great metal and glass snack containers.
- Green Little Nest on Esty has wonderful and fun fabric snack bags with a inning inside & even a velcro seal. Perfect for holding carrots, grapes, tortilla chips, nuts, etc.
- Norwex has some great plastic reusable snack and sandwich bags as well.
- To-Go Ware again, their containers will be perfect for holding all your snacks. They even have containers with multiple tiers.
- Also check your local organic co-ops & farmers markets. Some sell beautiful homemade fabric ones.
- Preserve Products has some nice plastic recycled silverware as well as lunch bags to carry your snacks.
- Green Little Nest has great fabric napkins that are great for on-the-go & reduces waste.
- Norwex also have some amazing metal straws that reduce waste & are easy to pack up.
- To-Go Ware had fanatic wooden silverware in to go cases. They are perfect for snacks on the run.
- Grabbing a lunch bag or a bento box for your snacks is a great way to keep your snacks handy throughout the day. Even an old fabric purse works great!
I have not been endorsed by any of these businesses to write reviews. I simply enjoy these products & enjoy sharing with my readers.