Hey readers! I’m so sorry it’s been so long since a new post. Summer was in full effect & life got busy! Anyways, I’m super happy to share an awesome meal I whipped up yesterday. There was no recipe, just an urge for some yummy, healthy proteins & fat. I had recently heard of replacing mayonnaise in a tuna salad with avocado. With being allergic to mayonnaise and having a love for tuna salad, I was ecstatic. This recipe is super healthy & wonderfully delicious. I promise you’ll feel so great after eating it. So enjoy, the recipe is down below! Until next time…
- Can of Simply Balanced tuna (Target brand)
- Half of an avocado
- 10 kalamata olives
- Chopped red onion, as desired
- Salt & pepper, as desired
- Cut avocado and place half of it in a medium sized bowl.
- Mash avocado with a fork.
- Drain the liquid from the tuna and place in the bowl.
- Cut olives & onions and add to the mixture.
- Add salt & pepper as desired and mix all the ingredients together.
(As pictured, I had a serving of gluten free crackers with that I smeared the tuna on. Delicious!)